These meta tags can control the behavior of search engine crawling and indexing. The robots meta tag applies to all search engines, while the "googlebot" meta tag is specific to Google. The default values are "index, follow" (the same as "all") and do not need to be specified.
- noindex: prevents the page from being indexed
- nofollow: prevents the Googlebot from following links from this page
- nosnippet: prevents a snippet from being shown in the search results
- noodp: prevents the alternate description from the ODP/DMOZ from being used
- noarchive: prevents Google from showing the Cached link for a page.
- unavailable_after:[date]: lets you specify the exact time and date you want to stop crawling and indexing of this page
- noimageindex: lets you specify that you do not want your page to appear as the referring page for an image that appears in Google search results.